Bishop Gore: 12 Gowerton year 9: 17

Giles’ burst clinches cliffhanger.

Sam Baran, James Rudderham and Morgan Morris warmed up together. It obviously worked, Sam was man of the match and James and Morgan had good games.
Esgob Gore:12 Blwyddyn9 Tregwyr:17.
BishopGore: 12 Gowertonyear9: 17.
Howell’s brace and Giles’ sprint give Gowerton a hard earned victory.
Par o geisiau gan Howell a chyflymdra Giles yn cyfrannu at fuddugoliaeth Tregwyr.
Gowerton’s lineout functioned well as demonstrated by this take by Will Jones.
With their qualification for the knock out stages of the Welsh Cup confirmed, Gowerton travelled to Bishop Gore to play their year 10 team. The game was a tough encounter that was only settled two minutes from full time when full back Keelan Giles finished excellently giving his team the lead for the first time in the game.
For Gowerton, their were fine performances from hooker Trystan Williams, props Morgan Morris and Luke Snell, flankers Will Jones and Steffan Tyrrell and full back James Rudderham. The man of the match award went to lock Sam Baran whose second half performance was impressive and saw him secure a number of loose balls that proved crucial in earning his team victory.
Trystan Williams, Steffan Gibbon, Jack Cambriani and Sam Clark prepare to repel a Bishop Gore attack. 
The game kicked off with underfoot conditions good despite the heavy rain of the previous 24 hours. Gowerton had the advantage of the strong breeze, but the hosts defended well and Gowerton were unable to put any consistent pressure onto the hosts’ line. At forward, it was Bishop Gore who contested the breakdown with greater tenacity and they deservedly opened the scoring in the final minute of the first half when a number of forward drives culminated in them crossing for a converted try.
In the second half, Gowerton’s pack realised they needed to increase their efforts at the contact area if they were to turn the game around and this they did. In the 36th minute, Milo Fleming tapped a penalty quickly and when the ball was moved wide, centre Tom Howell crossed for a try he converted himself to tie the scores.
Bishop Gore regained the lead straight from the kick off when Gowerton kicked ahead. A poor chase left their defence exposed and very weak tackling allowed the hosts to cross for a try.
In the second half Gowerton’s pack had to increase their efforts in the contact area.
Gowerton were level again in the 40th minute when excellent handling again freed centre Howell who crossed unopposed for his second try. With the scores tied, both teams pressed for the winning score and it was Gowerton who gained it when a long kick out of defence was followed by an excellent chase. The ball was regained and good handling gave full back Keelan Giles the ball 40 metres from the home line. He had a lot of work to do, but he did it with distinction to cross wide out for the winning score.

Comments are closed.

© Gowerton School: Powered by just 2 easy & Hwb